So today, to spare her the breath of asking, I began to explain to her what I was doing as I ironed Matthew's shirts. "This is an iron. It's hot. Yes, there is steam. Here, touch where I put the iron. It's hot. Mommy is getting the wrinkles out of Daddy's shirt with the hot iron. See the wrinkle? No more wrinkles. Mommy ironed it out." Once I finished my monologue, she was quiet awhile... just watching. Then she says. "Sprinkles all gone." She loves cookies and sprinkles and I racked my brain for about 15 seconds, wondering if I had rambled about sprinkles earlier or where she got this idea that we ran out. Then it hits me. "Oooh! You mean wrinkles! Yes. It sounds like sprinkles, honey. WRinkles are all gone!"
1.08.2010
Sprinkles of Happy
So today, to spare her the breath of asking, I began to explain to her what I was doing as I ironed Matthew's shirts. "This is an iron. It's hot. Yes, there is steam. Here, touch where I put the iron. It's hot. Mommy is getting the wrinkles out of Daddy's shirt with the hot iron. See the wrinkle? No more wrinkles. Mommy ironed it out." Once I finished my monologue, she was quiet awhile... just watching. Then she says. "Sprinkles all gone." She loves cookies and sprinkles and I racked my brain for about 15 seconds, wondering if I had rambled about sprinkles earlier or where she got this idea that we ran out. Then it hits me. "Oooh! You mean wrinkles! Yes. It sounds like sprinkles, honey. WRinkles are all gone!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE that you've started blogging...it's a ton of fun (I already regret not keeping up-to-date blogs of europe) and I think it also makes you reflect on how funny and lovely your kids are, and all the little moments with them are, as you described above, absolutely precious.
ReplyDeleteI'll follow it like an expert blogger-stalker-person.
Can't wait til the next 'naptime'.
Love you!
hahahah I love mix ups!
ReplyDeleteG has started saying things like poop dog, instead of dog poop, and cocoa hot instead of hot cocoa. Maybe I should sign her up for a spanish class? What a precious story! And you write so WELL!!!