10.04.2010

The Time Has Come...

The time has come my little one, to talk of many things,
of skinny jeans, tiny tees all tossed to the side till spring
(of 2012 probably).

A few days ago, I said goodbye to my wardrobe as I know it. Those cute shorts that made me look slim, the fun peasant top that showed a teeny bit of my flat belly when I wore my favorite pair of low cut jeans.... all sentenced to at least a year in storage. Didn't even unfold the skinny jeans to say goodbye. 'sigh'
By now its a familiar ritual. One I know in my head that is silly to get too upset about - I'll fit back into the stuff eventually - but still a difficult one.
The maternity clothes all are hanging expectantly (no pun intended) in my closet. I tried swimming in a few pieces yesterday, and hung them back up in favor of my new best friend... the t-shift. I'll grow into those pieces in a while... 'shudder.' It's a good vanity check.



http://mexiconuevo.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/tweedle-dee-and-tweedle-dum1.jpg
It's a little known fact that these characters actually inspired
a popular maternity pant design.


Right now, when there aren't any kicks or wiggling its hard to remember that there's somebody down there, making my tummy pooch out. But when I think about being super-preggo and ready to deliver any day - it makes my heart leapfrog with anticipation.
It's amazing being a mother. I had forgotten the rush of emotions that accompany this time of belly-biggering. The things along the way that momentarily depress you but give way to excitement about the inevitable arrival of a tiny new family member.
So I won't get depressed about my inability to wear a belted sweater. I'll just zip up those black stiletto boots and give my baby belly a reassuring rub.

I thought the next stanza of the Walrus and the Carpenter was oddly appropriate to conclude with...

“But wait a bit,” the Oysters cried,
“Before we have our chat;
For some of us are out of breath,
And all of us are fat!”
“No hurry!” said the Carpenter.
They thanked him much for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment