Yes. It had gone missing. My humor entirely deserted me for a stretch there, which makes for some long days and even longer weeks. That is why there have been no blog entries.
So, as I realized last night how long it had been since I blogged, I vowed to wake up in the morning with a more affable, laid-back disposition. It didn't take long to be tested.
This morning as I groggily checked the clock at 6:30am the usual giggles and squeaks were emanating from the kids' room. But by the time I was brushing my teeth, the noises had relocated to the kids' bathroom. And the water was running. Uh-oh.
I opened my bedroom door just in time to see two little urchins making a dash across the hall for the safety of their beds. I stonily inquired, "WHAT were you doing in the bathroom?" Sophia held up her baby doll and Matt-Matt followed suit (with her spare baby doll). "Momma, we were bapti-tising our babies."
I couldn't be mad. Sophia had apparently re-baptized herself in the process because her bangs were wet. Later in the day, while tidying up, I happened to notice a small play-kitchen pot in the sink from their psuedo-sacramental undertaking. And I smiled again.
Love.
ReplyDelete