I had a very helpful (almost) two-year old helping me make applesauce muffins. We had a little misunderstanding when I asked him to get me a mixing bowl. He grabbed the bowl from the countertop that was full of coffee grounds and dumped it all over his head and hair in the process.
I surprised myself by not freaking out. I merely swept up and let the boy continue making muffins with me with a headful of coffee. Isn't it supposed to be good for something skin related?
X helped me stir and lick the mixers before I popped him in the tub. His scalp is now well-exfoliated.
![]() |
| Yuvin his yicks. (Lovin' his licks) |
| Coffee head |
In other news, we have a mother bird building a nest in my winter wreath on our front door. What am I going to DO! I'll have to leave my lovely seasonal wreath up until early summer!! What, o what will the neighbors think?!
I told Matthew about it and his immediate reaction was "We should just move the wreath so she doesn't build it there."
Aside from the small problem of not being able to use the front door, I think it has the potential to be a really fun and unique learning experience for the kids.
I'm amazed at how much work she has already done on this nest by bringing straw after straw and weaving and moving each piece "just so." I hate to move it! Maybe we could relocate the wreath to the window next to the door? I wonder if she would notice the difference?
And then the neighbors would really wonder. A winter wreath on their window in the summer? Who are these people?


No comments:
Post a Comment