3.06.2013

Now we are a "Fun Family"

The most recent issue of Family Fun had a front page teaser "Secrets of Really Fun Families" or something similar. I thought "Yeah, maybe I could be a little bit more of a fun parent. Most of the time I feel like a cranky disciplinarian." While a lot of the tips just wouldn't work for our young kids, there was one that promised to be a keeper... Having a random letter themed party!

We (Matthew and I) picked a movie to frame out the evening and based on the movie name, we planned food and other things around that letter. So a few weeks ago we had "P" night. The kids were soooo excited! We watched Peter Pan, popped popcorn, put on our pajamas, got our pillows, and had a pizza and pepsi picnic. It. was. a. hit.

So we decided to do it every other week, and last weekend we invited some friends over for "C" night. Sophia copied the menu as part of her school-work. In case you can't read it, we had chicken nuggets, corn, cucumbers, carrots, chips, cookies and chocolate milk.

The kids watched "Cinderella" with their friends which was Ah maze ing because it gave us parents a chance to eat our nuggets in peace, wash them down with some wine, and actually have a conversation.
Check out the zone-out action!

-----------
In other news, Mary is enormous. 96% for weight at 12lbs 120z and not even 2 months old yet! Love me some baby chub!!!


2 comments: