2.17.2010

Literal-isms


Kids are so literal. Really, there must be something wonderful about being that simple!

Sophia knows that her daddy goes to work to "make-a money" and I just know that she envisions Daddy sitting there, painstakingly coloring and cutting out dollar bills. No wonder he's tired at the end of the day!
Another literal-ism that Sophia has taken up is the rule about screaming. No screaming in the house. When she does she finds herself in timeout like lightning. Yes, she knows screaming is for outside.
So, we were walking out the front door, and all of a sudden "AAAhhhh-EEEEEE!!!" I jump a few inches and drop my keys. "WHAT happened, Sophia?" I gasped. "I scream outside," she informs me very matter-of-factly. I told her that that was a good one and that she doesn't need to do it anymore as my neighbor's front door opens a crack.
That's my silly Sophia!

No comments:

Post a Comment